Wed 12th May - 2021 Annual Joint Meeting & Dinner
Flyer & Booking v2 download
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Rotary and University of the Sunshine Coast Community Fund (RUSCCF)
Advancing tertiary education opportunities
 through a partnership between the combined Rotary Clubs of the Sunshine Coast
 and the University of the Sunshine Coast
 
Presidents, Secretaries and Committee Members,
 
Please see flyer for the combined meeting attached, please note that bookings are on line and raffle tickets can also be purchased on line. Please note tickets will be limited due to Covid restrictions.
Also attached are minutes of Friday night’s meeting.
Could you please let your members know that purchase of drinks and raffle tickets on the night will be by card only.
If donating prior to meeting (no donation giving on stage), details on flyer, please make sure you put your club name as a reference.
 
Kind Regards
 
Wendy Gilson
Secretary
 
Minutes of Committee Meeting  Held  9th April 2021  (USC)
Meeting Opened: 5.45 pm
Attendance:
 Ian Barnett (Mooloolaba), Wendy Gilson (Alex Headland), Graham Barnes (Buderim), Merv Paddison (Caloundra), Paulette Steele (Maleny), David Bell (Cooroy), Carol Johnson (Cooroy), Dan Thomasson (Caloundra Pacific), Russell Ousley (USC)
Apologies:
Pam Snyman (Caloundra), Win Fowles (Caloundra Pacific), Greg Bradley (USC), Rod Tunstall (Nambour), Ian Hope (Glasshouse Mountains).
Minutes of the Previous Meeting   19th February 2021
Accepted as correct.  Moved:  Graham Barnes     Seconded:  David Bell
Business Arising:
Combined meeting to be dealt with in General Business.
Visit/tour to new Petrie Campus - Greg to organise for Thursday 30th September 10.00am – 12.00pm during the semester break.
Website – Russell showed us the site and will update details about the combined dinner. Also showed us the video re scholarships. Secretary has sent link to all clubs.

Financial Report:
No change
General Business:
Combined Meeting
Guest Speaker –Vice Chancellor Professor Helen Bartlett will be the guest speaker.
Content to include USC update, her general background and her vision for the USC.
Greg to prepare a brief and submit it to committee before giving it to VC.
Guest speaker not to be the last person to speak (in the past the guest speaker has had to cut their talk due to meeting running overtime).
Catering – USC to cater and cost will be $27 per head, 2 options if over 100 attendees.
Charge to Rotarians $30 per head. Ian to follow up with Ian Hope re the bookings. Booking program needs to include all information required for Covid and also needs to allow attendees to enter any special dietary requirements that they may have. Committee selected the Rustic Kitchen Menu, if less than 100 attendees the chicken to be selected. Ian to complete and sign the Covid related documents.
Capacity - Seating capped at 144 (includes USC, families of recipients -approx 24), Greg will let me know closer to the time exactly how many in the USC group.
Raffles – Caloundra have raffles organised. Tickets will once again be available on line and physically on the night as well. Ian will set up. 3 for $5, 7 for $10 and 15 for $20. Caloundra need to be mindful of those tickets sold on line and the tickets sold on the night. Raffle tickets on the night to be purchased with card only.
Security – Only 1 security guard required - $189 - $1 to be added onto the cost of the drinks to cover this additional cost. As Maleny organising bar they will organise the payment of the security guard. On the night for drinks to be paid with card only.
Scholarships -  Russell will forward details of the 3 recipients to Wendy, when received Wendy will forward details to all the clubs. Recipients will be briefed on their presentations to the meeting.
MC – Russell Ousley ‘graciously’ agreed to be MC.
Donations – Wendy to send out email prior to meeting asking whether or not clubs are going to donate to the fund prior to the meeting or perhaps after the meeting, so that a list of donating clubs can be compiled and read out at the combined Meeting (not the amounts). Group photo of clubs donating to be taken at the end.

Next Meeting & AGM:
Friday 23rd July – 5.30 pm for 5.45 pm at the USC
Meeting Closed – 6.45 pm
Wendy Gilson  (Secretary)                                                                             Ian Barnett  (Chairman)
 
RUSCCF Meeting map_9 April 21 attached
Please note change of room (same as last time).
You must wear a mask.
 
Please see email from USC below
 
 We have had to change venue for Friday’s meeting. I have booked room CG.50 – the same tutorial room used for the last meeting - ground floor building C (please see attached map). 
 
Parking has been arranged in CP2 outside Building B, the boom gate should be open on arrival. 
 
Unfortunately, the change of venue and current COVID restrictions mean that we cannot serve tea and coffee, so we will have canned drinks, bottled water and biscuits as we did last meeting. Please note that masks must be worn by attendees at all times, unless eating and drinking (whilst seated). 
 
We apologise for any inconvenience. Please pass this change on to your members.
 
Regards
Wendy Gilson
Secretary
 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RUSCCF" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rusccf+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rusccf/006601d72b42%24c3fd1ce0%244bf756a0%24%40bigpond.com.
RUSCCF Meeting map_9 April 21.pdf
 
Notes from R100 Committee Meeting Friday 26th February
Wendy reported $449.08 in the Bank Account
Monument – nothing from the Council yet, Wendy still visiting clubs on the SC promoting Gala Night and monument.
Sale of Tickets – need to try and step up promotion within clubs, promote in bulletins with Invitation attached, put in Buzz, put flyers on tables at ROMAC, Wendy to produce flyer, Darryl to print. Promote outside of Rotary if anyone has an avenue. Any Club with Face Book to put on
Graham to contact Rosanna Natoli and Katie Toni to see if we can get any exposure on local TV.
Numbers roughly at the moment 69
Breakup of those from our cluster (remembering that the number of actual members booked is half)
Mooloolaba – 19  (10)
A.Headland – 16  (8)
Caloundra – 12  (6)
C.Pacific  - 8   (4)
Buderim – 4   (2)
Maroochydore  -  0
Mayor (Funds) – Wendy was reminded that when we first approached Mayor, he commented that we would probably be wanting some money from him. Wendy to approach him re funds.
Table Decorations – Wendy balloons & weights (Rotary balloons/100). Darryl to book a cylinder of gas for the day and also arrange for 2 helpers from Caloundra to assist with table decorations.
Hall available from 3.00pm so committee to set up from that time.
Photo Arch – Set up for photos, Wendy approached Woolworths who have an arch set up for one of their promotions at the moment, but they don’t have any spares, possibility if promotion ends. Darryl to ask Deborah who is a marriage celebrant and may have something we can use.
Photographer – Ok with RSL for photographer to meander around and take photos.
Christine to ask Robyn Hills (CP) who is a photographer and is already booked in to dinner.
Registrations – we will have everyone’s details through trybooking but the RSL still requires guests to sign in. These requirements may change will check closer to date. Graham & Christine to ‘man’ 2 entry points – top of stairs and lift.
Floor Plans, seating & check lists – Val
RSL Coordination – Menu Choice & Dietary requirements, numbers to RSL, Invoices – Val
Flags – For stage – RSL have Australia & NZ flags and flag stand which we can borrow. Wendy (Neil) to get Rotary Flag. Committee to bring club banners for stage.
Photos – Each club to supply 100 photos by 1st April on a USB stick to be continuously run in the background Ian
Lap Top – for photos Ian
AV – microphones etc in working order Ian
Entertainment – Emmanual College – Emily Bonner 5477 3444 to provide a string trio to play during drinks and nibbles Wendy
Band – ‘Beats workin’ supplied us with 70 songs Val and John have chosen 50  Wendy
Model of Monument – John & Steve to be set up in foyer on table with plans etc and later moved into dining room ‘Pledge’ envelopes to be available Wendy if any Rotarians would like to donate towards monument
Raffle – Darryl has offered a travel credit and Christine is going to see if she can get a weekend away. Already have a painting. In view of this we are going to put raffle on line as well as selling tickets personally . Wendy to check with Mooloolaba & Ian. Tickets to be printed Wendy to talk to Dan from CP. Okay with RSL to move around tables and sell tickets.
Mayor – now has another engagement will be there 6.30 approx. and will leave after his welcome speech. Notes have been provided, parking space has been set up. Wendy to send names of any prominent guests just prior to dinner.
Toast to RI – Fiona Simpson MP - accepted
Response to Toast – Neil Black DG – accepted
Brag Sheet – Each club to provide a brag sheet by 1st April to be run at appropriate time Ian
Anyone with a task or information to find out please email all members of committee, so that everyone knows what is happening and where we are at.

Next Meeting – Wednesday 24th March – 5.00pm at my place (please note change of day)
 
 
 
 
Rotary and University of the Sunshine Coast Community Fund (RUSCCF)
Advancing tertiary education opportunities
 through a partnership between the combined Rotary Clubs of the Sunshine Coast
 and the University of the Sunshine Coast
 
Minutes of Committee Meeting  Held  19th February 2021  (USC)
Meeting Opened: 5.45 pm
Attendance:
 Ian Barnett (Mooloolaba), Wendy Gilson (Alex Headland), Rod Tunstall (Nambour), Ian Hope (Glasshouse Mountains), Graham Barnes (Buderim), Merv Paddison (Caloundra), Paulette Steele (Maleny), Pam Snyman (Caloundra), Win Fowles (Caloundra Pacific), Christopher Durie (Cooroy), David Bell (Cooroy), Greg Bradley (USC)
Apologies:
James Condon (Caloundra), Dan Thomasson (Caloundra Pacific)
 
Minutes of the Previous Meeting   20th November 2020
Accepted as correct.  Moved:  Pam Snyman     Seconded:  Merv Paddison
 
Business Arising:
Combined meeting to be dealt with in General Business.
Possible committee visit/tour to new Petrie Campus. Greg to look at schedule and report to next meeting. Possibly during study break or between semesters. Show of hands indicated most members interested.
The money from the raffles ($680) has been located and will be in this year’s figures.
 
Correspondence:
Email from USC thanking committee for the difference we have made at the USC.
Email from USC noting that ‘USC has met the challenges presented by COVID-19 and adapted well’.
 
 
Financial Report:
No change
 
General Business:
Combined Meeting
Date – Wednesday 12th May confirmed by Greg
Guest Speaker – Confirmed that the Vice Chancellor Professor Helen Bartlett has accepted and will be the guest speaker. She has had a distinguished career in academia and university management spanning Australia, the UK, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
Content to include USC update, her general background and her vision for the USC.
Greg to prepare a brief and submit it to committee before giving it to VC.
Catering – USC to cater and cost will be $27 per head, 2 options if over 100 attendees.
Charge to Rotarians $30 per head
Raffles – Caloundra are happy to once again organise raffles. Tickets will once again be available on line and physically on the night as well. Ian will set up.
Bar – Maleny are happy to continue.
Security – Greg to check about security arrangements, suggestion that the cost be added to the price of the drinks.
Bookings - Glasshouse Mountains – also happy to take payments etc. Suggestion that bookings be made online, Ian has offered to set it up. Need to confirm what information we require for Covid.
Scholarships– three scholarships to be awarded and the value to remain the same as last year $4,500
Capacity – Greg reported that due to Covid restrictions the capacity of the hall is only 120 (need to keep in mind that there will be approx. 15 from the USC), only 5 per table.
Plaques – None this year.
Donations – Donations to be credited direct to account but still have clubs ‘donate’ money on the night.
Brochures – Wendy to see if we can get the printing donated again.
 
Website- will be an article on USC website re the RUSCCF Postgraduate Scholarships – Wendy & Ian to check content.
 
Video- short video about the RUSCCF to be shown at Rotary Clubs about 6 weeks away.
 
Next Meeting:
Friday 9th April  Confirmed – 5.30 pm for 5.45 pm at the USC
 
Meeting Closed – 6.30 pm
Wendy Gilson  (Secretary)                                                                             Ian Barnett  (Chairman)